Tips To Keep You Healthy This Cold and Flu Season
Our immune systems need to be protected from colds and flus in the upcoming season but also from diseases and illnesses.
Here are a few vitamins and minerals that you need to be consistent with:
Many respiratory illnesses as well as other illnesses including cancer, diabetes and depression have been linked to a deficiency of Vitamin D.
Taking Vitamin C daily (approximately 50-100mg) can reduce the risk of many types of cancer and cardiovascular disease. Here are few top sources of Vitamin C:
- Dark Leafy green veggies
Zinc improves the skin’s ability to be the initial barrier that prevents pathogens from entering into the body. Zinc also decreases the effect of RSV on the lungs and helps prevent ventilator induced lung damage. Some food sources for Zinc are:
- Shitake mushrooms
Some of the worst foods and drinks for our immune systems are:
- Fried and processed foods
- Processed meats
- High sodium foods
- Sugar sweetened drinks
Here are the Immune Support Supplements we recommend:
- Zinc Chelate – This is in liquid form and you only need two teaspoons a day
- VitD – enhances immune support
- VitDV3 – this form of Vitamin D contains magnesium, tumeric, Vitamin E and calcium.
- GCel – increases glutathione (the master antioxidant) levels in the body.